About the Recipe
Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs – Incredibly easy turkey meatballs with chicken in creamy spinach and sun-dried tomato sauce – Tuscan style! The cheesy spinach turkey and chicken meatballs just melt in your mouth, it’s so good.
1/2 lb (220g) ground turkey meat
1/2 lb (220g) ground chicken meat
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or cheddar, provolone…)
4 cloves garlic, grated + 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon red crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
1 crumbled bouillon cube, optional
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley), divided
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 small yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable broth
5 ounces (150g) jarred sun-dried tomato in oil, drained of oil
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. To make the creamy spinach turkey meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground turkey and ground chicken, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, and black pepper. Mix well with your hands or fork and form medium balls. Arrange the turkey meatballs on a plate and set them aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the turkey meatballs for 8 – 10 minutes on all sides, until browned and cooked through. While cooking, baste the meatballs with a mix of butter and juices. Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
3. In the same pan, melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover. Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add onion and stir fry until translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes so they release their flavors. Finally, pour in the vegetable broth, and allow the sauce to reduce slightly.
4. Reduce heat to low, add in the heavy cream, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add in the baby spinach and allow to wilt in the sauce. Finally, add in the parmesan cheese. Allow cream sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through.
6. Add the cooked turkey meatballs back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each meatball. Serve the creamy garlic spinach Tuscan meatballs over steamed veg or cauliflower rice for Keto dieters, or rice or pasta for non-Keto. Enjoy! ❤️ Recipe and Photo Credit: Creamy Spinach Turkey Meatballs Recipe – Turkey Meatballs Recipe — Eatwell101